Thursday, October 6, 2011

RIP

Reading about Steve Jobs life and death yesterday, these two quotes resonated with me: 

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything -- all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. ... Stay hungry. Stay foolish." --Stanford University Commencement, 2005


"That's been one of my mantras -- focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains."-- BusinessWeek interview, May 1998


Think simply, follow your heart, stay hungry, stay foolish. RIP Steve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment