1) This weekend is the Shamrock run. I'm doing the 5k with my son, and the Leprechaun lap with my daughter (.5 mi). It will be fun, and I'm thinking it will be more of a run/walk. My running buddy is doing the 15k and I'm super jealous - it's one of my favorite races - but with my current long run being 3.5 miles, I'm a little short in training for the 9+ mile course...
The shirts are cute:
|excuse my crappy photography....|
2) My foot has been feeling good - last week I did my longest run in a while of 3.5 miles, and it held up well. On Tuesday I ran on snowy/slushy roads, and I don't think that run did my foot any favors. It was difficult to get traction, and I was sliding all over. My foot was a little sore on Wednesday, but icing a lot and rolling on my trusty golf ball seems to have calmed it down. I ran 3 this morning and it feels good. Fingers crossed that things keep progressing!
3) I did another new workout DVD on Monday, and I think I was sore until Thursday because of it!
4) No new recipes this week - everything seems to come to a grinding halt when you have a sick kid, including grocery shopping and cooking. Lots of cuddling on the couch and lounging around. I'm very grateful to have such an understanding boss (aka Mom) who lets me work from home when I need to.
5) The Biggest Loser. Emily got sent home and I was sad - she was one of my favorites. She really has some severe self esteem issues that I think she's going to have to work hard to overcome. I'm bummed because they are picking off all the people I actually like, and I'm not enjoying the people who are left.
oh, and Emily can sing - who knew?!
Here's an interesting article from someone who spent a week at one of the Biggest Loser Resorts - it's interesting. Sounds very hard core to me - but if weight loss is the goal it sounds like it is pretty effective. Although I think it's kind of scary they don't have a doctor on campus. I love the idea of a "fitness" vacation - but I'd like to do one where you exercise during the day, get healthy meals, but also get to relax with a glass of wine or beer at night - who's with me?
Hope you all have a great weekend! Head on over to Fitness, Health and Happiness for Friday Fitness!