1) The crud is creeping in. Becoming unexpectedly unemployed has thrown me for a loop for sure. I've been mostly fine, but I am fighting off feeling a little down. And for me, for some reason, when I'm down my motivation to exercise begins to fade. It's so dumb. I mean exercise = endorphins = feeling better, right? I know this. But, I get stuck in these ruts where I can't motivate to get it done and I get in this cycle: Don't exercise = feel bad = eat bad = feel even worse...and over and over again. It just makes no sense. Logically I know what I need to do to feel better, I just need to make myself do it. I started today with a 5 mile run and I feel a billion times better than I did yesterday. Day one of operation feel good!
2) I also signed up for this:
Run to the Finish hosts every year, and I think: "Hmmmm, I really should do that" but I never have. Well this year I bit the bullet and I registered. There are great prizes and it looks like lots of fun. I also am hoping that it will help me be more mindful with my nutrition by tracking fruits/vegetables etc. I don't think there are points for eating handfuls of goldfish crackers and taking bites of macaroni and cheese from the bottom of the bowl, so I think some positive changes might come of it...
3) I made this soup the other day - OMG, so good.
4) I've never been a high mileage runner in training. My max in my last marathon training was 50 mi/week, and that was only once during the cycle. I know many people run WAY more than this. My body just doesn't hold up well with running consecutive days and I think it requires strength training and cross training to stay injury free. That said, I do want to increase my speed, so I am looking at the "Run Less, Run Faster" plan.
5) And I know I'm a little late to this party but I'm still super excited...
back on The Biggest Loser! So excited to watch the show, and the new dynamic that they will include working with overweight kids (who cannot be eliminated) as well. In my opinion, the show hasn't been as good since Jillian left.
Hope you all have a great weekend! Head on over to Fitness, Health and Happiness for Fitness Friday!