Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday FIVE

1)  As I said in yesterday's post, I've been a slacker in the workout department, so to remedy this I said hello to my good friend Jillian...
Yeah, I've completely lost some fitness - I used to do this workout 2-3 times a week no problem, but yesterday it was hard...so hard!   I got it done though....

2)  Trying a new recipe this week was a complete fail - but I did make this Baked Potato soup to take to my sister's 40th birthday dinner.  It's pretty much always a hit, and total comfort food.

Baked potato in soup form, YUMMMMM.

3)  Tomorrow is the virtual run in memory of Sherry Arnold. 

If you are in the Portland area and would like to join us, we'll be at the parking lot by the Sellwood Bridge (before Oaks park) at 8am to run on the Springwater trail.  If you can't join us, but you are running, please take the time to print out a bib here, and run in memory of Sherry.  Details of the race can be found here.

4)  Biggest Loser.  Adrian was sent packing - and while I don't think he did himself any favors by not listening and making some inopportune comments, I do think he was put in a defensive position from the get-go and was bullied out of town by Conda, Kim and Mark. 

Conda has to be one of the most annoying contestants ever.  I can't stand her.  She didn't even have the grace to be embarrassed when Dolvett called her out about complaining and talking behind Adrian's back.  Just awful. 

And Kim looks like she has something nasty in her mouth all the time...just sayin.


Oh, and a side note to the peeps at the BL - next time there's a challenge where Dolvett is going to be dunked in the water, can't we do better than having him wearing jeans, shirt and vest? 
Again, just sayin...

5)  I got nothing - HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Head over to Fitness, Health and  Happiness for Fitness Friday!

11 comments:

Laura Boll said...

I could have written #1! I used to do NMTZ 2-3 times a week too, and just got it back out this morning. Great workout! Hope you get your mojo back. :) I'll be running for Sherry too, was hoping to round up some buddies to run with, but it's not working out for this weekend, so I'll be wearing it solo!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

That soup looks great! I pinned it on Pinterest to make later! I will be running for Sherry tomorrow as well! Looks like I will be solo, but I will be with you guys in spirit. Good luck on your run!

Elle said...

Fun post... going to check out that soup for sure.

I love Jillian too.. love the way she beats me up!

Have a great weekend.. and yes, we are going to run for Sherry on Saturday, too.

Unknown said...

How nice of you to share that awesome picture of Dolvett. He's so awesome!

I've lost some mojo too. I'm trying to throw some planks in at random times to keep myself busy while I rest my ankle. Sucks.

Have a great weekend.

jillconyers said...

It sounds like my running is where your fitness is. Working on fixing that!!

I'll be Running for Sherry tomorrow too.

[Fitness, Health and Happiness]

jillconyers said...

Blog question. How do you add the races to the DM race schedule widget? I found the widget but not how to add the races. Thanks!

a runner said...

Drooling over Dolvett... I am a slobbering mess...

Jennifer said...

I ran for Sherry too! :)
And what's with this season? Mean people make me not want to watch the show!

Jamie said...

I ran for Sherry today!

I'm glad you got some workouts in, I have been slacking on Jillian Michaels lately, too!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

That soup looks amazing and you are right on as far as the Biggest Loser goes...especially the Dolvett pics. ;)

Suz and Allan said...

Couldn't agree more with your BL comments!

Post a Comment