Yippee! It's Fri-day...
1) The racing season here in Portland kicks off with the Shamrock Run in mid-march.
I've been feeling sorry for myself and wasn't going to sign up for any of the races because I couldn't run the distance I wanted to, but then my husband said he wanted to do the 8k....and then my son said he wanted to run the 5k....so I decided to sign us all up. Brian is doing the 8k, my son and I are doing the 5k and my daughter is doing the "Leprauchan Lap" (.6mi). My son has never run a 5k, so this should be interesting. I envision lots of "water breaks".
2) My foot has been feeling good - I've cut back to 2 mile runs in distance, and it's responding well to that. I DID run 3 miles at the run for Sherry - but I just couldn't bring myself to cut that run short. It held up really well, so I'm feeling good about things. Still need to go get new running shoes though...hopefully this weekend!
3) WANTED: Chicken Recipes! I made a crock pot chicken yesterday and have leftover chicken I need to use up. Any good chicken recipes y'all recommend? I'm kind of running low in the originality department and would like to try some new things (preferably healthy, clean recipes!).
4) I've had a good workout week so far, so I'm feeling good in that department (better than last week at least!). I was looking for something tough to do on Wednesday, when I read a review from Heather at Will Run for Coffee for this workout:
5) Biggest Loser - well, they tried to make Conda seem human and approachable by explaining some stuff from her past, but I wasn't feeling the redemption angle. She's just a mean girl, and I still can't stand her. I was really happy Daphne beat her. It's also EXTREMELY clear that there is a red team voting alliance of Kim, Conda, Buddy and Mark - because voting Roy out when he lost 9 pounds? Completely ridiculous and makes zero sense. Conda lost the challenge for her team despite being given a 2 pound advantage, yet she's safe? Whatever.
Looks like lots of drama coming up next week though - should be interesting!
That's it! Hope you all have a great weekend! Head over to Fitness, Health and Happiness for Friday Fitness!