1) I'm a HUGE Sheryl Crow fan. I have a total girl crush and I'm sure if we ever met that we would be BFF's. We already sing lots of duets together in my car. Anyway, I was super excited to read that she's a runner too! She's running the Country Music 1/2 Marathon with a fundraising team named "Run Baby Run" to benefit a local school in Nashville on April 28th.
|she heel strikes just like me too!|
2) I ran my longest distance in the last few months on Tuesday! 4.5 miles and my foot felt great! Then yesterday I ran 4 and it still felt good! Yippee! I'm so hopeful that I'm getting a handle on this injury. The things I'm doing: rolling my foot on a golf ball periodically throughout the day, taping my foot for support, rolling foot on an iced water bottle at night and sleeping with this lovely thing on:
I definitely wouldn't say it's 100% yet, but it's recovering well from the runs and feels fine the morning after. I'm so relieved to finally feel like I'm getting somewhere - being signed up for two relays this summer has put the pressure on to get recovered. If I can't run I'll feel like I'm letting the team down, so I'm really trying to be smart and hopefully will continue to see improvement.
3) Next week the kids are off school for spring break. We'll be spending a good deal of the time out at my parent's property doing some work out there, but the last weekend of the break we are going to a cabin up by Mt. Hood. I'm so excited to get out of dodge with the family - it will be a good place to recharge and relax. There will probably be a lot of snow, so maybe I'll try running in snow shoes?
4) Speaking of snow - this is what the Portland area woke up to yesterday morning:
5) The Biggest Loser. The "excuse" this week is "I can't lose weight on vacation" and they send the clan off to Hawaii to tackle it. In a nutshell: Kim feels like an outsider because she's a threat, Jeremy gives Conda a win in the challenge so that she will have immunity (she's so lucky her brother is on this show), both Kimmy and Megan fall below the yellow line at the weigh-in, and, per her request, Kimmy is sent home to keep her daughter on the ranch.
So yeah, all that happened. One cool thing did go down though - the group got a surfing lesson from Bethanny Hamilton of "Soul Surfer" fame.
Considering how extra whiny this group is (I'm looking at you Chris/Conda), I think hearing Bethanny's story, and seeing her determination to get back on her surf board despite losing her arm to a shark attack, maybe gave them a little perspective. Bethanny seems super cute and positive, which is a welcome change of pace on this show.
|that's just a bunch of pretty people right there...|
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Head over to Fitness, Health and Happiness for Fitness Friday!