Friday, March 9, 2012

Five for Friday

Once again, only one post this week - someday I will get better at posting more often!  Here's my Friday five...

1)  I love my dad.  We were talking about why people run, and I said something along the lines of "obviously I don't run because I'm going to become an elite runner or anything..." and my dad says "well, I think you're an elite runner...".  Hee!  Gotta love parents!   Then I came home and saw this article, saying that Ryan Hall is suffering from Plantar Fasciitis...JUST LIKE ME!  
Clearly my dad was right...I'm totally the same as the elites...

2)  Speaking of PF - my foot is feeling good!  Well, not 100% by any means, but I'm feeling ok about things.  I've run twice this week, and I also did this workout:
This is a cardio workout with LOTS of jumping and plyometrics, and I did the entire thing without feeling my foot!  So, once again, I'm cautiously optimistic that things are coming along.

3)  I have never made homemade pizza dough before, but I made some the other night and it was SOOO good.  My husband even said that this was the way we should eat pizza all the time because it wasn't greasy.  Kids loved it, we loved it - big win all around.  It was so easy AND it was whole wheat crust, so even kinda healthy! 
This is not the pizza I made, but my crust DID look like this!
I got the recipe from the website 100 days of Real Food (here) which is an awesome site and has some great recipes on it.  I don't think we'll ever be truly 100% off processed food, but I'm making small changes every week to get us closer.

4) Love Joan Benoit - saw this on the Runner's World FB page and had to repost:

5) Biggest Loser. Does Chris remind anyone else of that Debbie Downer character from Saturday Night Live?
Seriously, girl needs to smile more...

So they switched trainers, alliances formed, everyone had bad weight loss, Cassandra sent home...blah blah blah...here's the real reason to watch the show....



yes, Dolvett in tights.....drool....

Happy Friday - have a great weekend!

Head on over to Fitness, Health and Happiness for Fitness Friday!

10 comments:

Coach Jen said...

I love making homemade pizza dough, it freezes really well too so I always make a double batch :-) Great commercial.

Suz and Allan said...

I agree, Dolvett in tights was priceless!

Laura said...

Awesome that your foot continues to improve... you're moving in the right direction! I pulled out some Jillian dvd's this week too in an attempt to mix things up, but my ankle is not ready for all the plyometric moves, so I had to modify a bit, but she has some killer workouts.

Rachelle Q said...

Glad your feet are feeling better. You can see every single muscle and tendon on Ryan Hall's legs. Not one ounce of fat on him. Your dad is so sweet! That comment just made me smile:) Yes, Chris is very much a Debbie Downer and I am so sad that they voted Cassandra out. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

OMG, I was going to write a whole post about Dolvett in tights... but, my in-laws read my blog and that creeped me out a bit :-) Loved that scene. My daughter (dancer) loved it too.

How sweet of your dad. Love!!

jillconyers said...

Ryan Hall has PF...no way! Why is it that in my head the elite runners never get injured?!?!

Great videos!

Jamie said...

Aww your dad is so cute, what a nice thing to say!

I'm so glad that your foot is starting to feel better! Jillian workouts always have so many jump/plyometric moves in them! I have to remember to wear sneakers so I don't injure myself!

Jennifer said...

love jillian workouts...I've recently been doing ripped in 30 and 6 week six pack :)

Kathy said...

Love making homemade dough (pizza, bread, pretzels, rolls whatever) it's always better. I didn't realize Ryan Hall had PF issues too!

Marissa said...

i was liking dolvett in the tights too! lol

yay for parents and their sweet comments, huh? so happy the foot is feeling better and it allowed you to jump around and sweat to Jillian! woohoo!

i love homemade pizza, the possibilities are endless and yes, totally not greasy!

LOVE debbie downer and yes, they do remind me of one another...hahahahaha!!! thanks for the laugh!

Post a Comment