1) My running partner this morning, Roxy.
| Look at that grey!|
~This pic is from summer when
it was actually light out in the mornings~
2) All I want for Christmas is....ok, this isn't all I want for Christmas, but I'd love a Bondi Band ponytail hat.
3) I'm signed up for this half marathon in January -
|Vancouver Lake Half, January 22, 2012|
I'm thinking that I'm going to have to run/walk this thing in order to be smart. As I said in my last post, I'm really trying not to push too hard too fast, because I don't want this injury prolonged any more than it has to be. But I'll admit, the competitive side of me is a little torn about it - I've never run/walked a race before. The last half mary I ran was the Hippie Chick half where I PR'd. So, this will be interesting. Luckily, my running buddy is on board to do this with me, and my friend Ed, who is also on the gimp list, will likely be in the same boat and joining us. At least I'll have company!
4) I had some leftover chicken in the fridge last night and was looking for something warm and comforting - so I made this chicken tortilla soup from the Pioneer Woman:
5) If you get a chance go read this post that Christy at My Dirt Road Anthem wrote about her children/body image/and weight. Her blog is awesome and this post is so well written. It's so important to give our kids (and ourselves for that matter!) the message that exercise and good food choices are tools to achieving optimal health and not simply to fit into a pair of skinny jeans or live up to some arbitrary weight ideal.
In our house the issue is a bit flipped in that my son is VERY slight AND a very picky eater. We are extremely careful in conveying to him the importance of trying a greater variety of foods for health reasons, and not because he's so skinny. The last thing I want is for him to develop a complex that his body is somehow not ok simply because he is a naturally thin child. Anyway, check it out, it's a great read.
It's Fitness Friday - head over to the Blog Hop at Fitness, Health and Happiness to connect with other fitness bloggers!