Ah - Friday again! Here's my Friday five...
1) Hood to Coast is offering a 20% off coupon for the Hood to Coast movie - but today (16th) is the last day to use it! Enter code HTC-20 at checkout for the discount.
The movie is AWESOME - it really does a great job of capturing the race. This would be a great gift for anyone!
2) In running news, the saga of my foot continues. I ran 15 miles total last week, which is the longest distance I have gone in 2 months - but my foot was really sore at the beginning of this week. I ran Monday morning, but took the last 3 days off just to give it a break. My PT sessions are over with, but I discussed it with my doctor and I'm going to see a podiatrist on Thursday to discuss further options. My doctor and I both feel that it's healing, but want to see if there is anything else that might expedite the process.
3) I've mentioned on here before that my family are I are huge Blazer fans - HUGE. Rip City baby. So it was a particularly sad day last Friday when Brandon Roy announced his retirement from the game because his knees wouldn't allow him to play anymore.
For those who don't follow basketball and/or the Blazers, Bradon Roy is 3 time All Star who has been the face of the Blazers for the last 4 years. He was a great player, active in the community and a leader. As a fan he provided so many amazing moments, it made you feel good just to root for him. Having his career cut short is so sad - he's only 27 years old and should be in his prime.
I know that he was paid millions of dollars just to play a game, so his career ending isn't tragic in that sense - but when you have to give up what you love prematurely due to a situation you can't control, it's sad no matter what. There's a great article about his decision to walk away here by Jason Quick from the Oregonian. The last quote from Roy got me a little misty eyed: "You can walk away from someone who doesn't love you. And you can walk away from someone you don't love. But when the love is mutual, the hardest thing is to walk away." Thanks for the memories B-Roy, you will be missed.
4) Do you have a "go to" treat you pass out at the holidays? Mine is Banana Bread which I make from this recipe. I make little mini-loaves, wrap them up and pass them out to teachers, neighbors, etc.
The trick is to get them all wrapped up before my hubby gets to them!
5) I'm a winner! Woo hoo! Rachelle, from Livin the Fit Life hosted a Shaklee giveaway, and I won some Shaklee energy chews, joint cream and a Cinch peanut butter energy bar. I'm excited to check out the products. I LOVE winning stuff! :) Thanks Rachelle!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Head over to the blog hop at Fitness, Health and Happiness to link up with other fitness bloggers!