Oy - I haven't posted anything since last Friday! Haven't been commenting much either -what a bad blogger I am. This week was just busy busy busy - hopefully next week will be calmer. On to the Friday five...
1) Running. Another pain free run! So happy about this - extremely optimistic that my foot is finally healing. I went to see the podiatrist yesterday and he's super happy with the progress as well. Now I'm in the "run if it feels good" mode. I'm going to be super cautious. I've lost so much time to this injury I don't want any setbacks...I don't know if my psyche can handle any more setbacks. So, I'm going to attempt 2 days/week running and continuing the cross training. I'll reevaluate in a few weeks and see where I'm at.
2) Orthotics. Last month my doctor gave me temporary arch supports to wear in my shoes while I was waiting for custom made orthotics to be ready. If you had told me a few months ago I would be getting orthotics I would have thought it was crazy. For some reason I was really resistant to the idea. But I can't argue with the results. In the last month I've seen more improvement in my foot than I saw in the 6 months prior, including 2 months of twice weekly physical therapy (note: I'm NOT saying PT doesn't work, it just didn't work for my injury for whatever reason). I do think I'm going to have to go get some new running shoes though - my foot feels really cramped in my current shoe with the orthotics in there.
3) On another note, I have a really tight glute/hamstring right now (it's always something, isn't it?). Thinking back, I had this before in early February when I was doing this workout regularly:
And in the last week I started doing this workout again. I don't know what exercises specifically would be causing this, but something in there is not agreeing with my booty! So I think I'll switch it up and see if the soreness goes away. Anyone else experienced this?
4) We've been in a bit of a food rut, so I made a goal to try one new recipe a week. This week was a total fail. Busy, busy schedules led to some very basic meals and nothing new. I did try three new recipes last week, so that makes up for this week, right? I did make one of my favorite standby's though - creamy white chicken chili.
Seriously, this soup has such good flavor and is SO easy to make - love it!
5) Biggest Loser. Conda? Most.Annoying.Personality.Ever. She got beat in three competitions during the week, and showed no grace each time. Glad that Dolvett called her out at the weigh in.
Funniest line of the night:
Dolvett: I know you can do better.
Conda: I'm going to prove you wrong.
hahahahaha...her brother looked completely embarrassed by her attitude. How did she not get any votes to be eliminated? I felt so bad for Lauren - she was so blindsided. I got teary-eyed when they showed her finishing the half marathon - I think she might have a good shot at the at home prize.
That's my five! On to the weekend! Head over to Fitness, Health and Happiness for Fitness Friday and connect with other bloggers!