1) Saw this on FB yesterday - this will make me re-think that next drive thru meal!
2) On that note - I was perusing the website 100 Days of Real Food - which is a website about a family who took a 100 day "real food" (aka no processed) pledge and has now made it a lifestle. It's pretty interesting, so I tried out one of the recipes...BIG thumbs up from me and the hubs! We made the Flank Steak Fajitas - oh my god YUMMM- and so easy, just throw everything in the slow cooker and there ya go. They looked like this picture from the website, minus the cilantro sprigs because I didn't have 'em...
3) Running - I've been doing my little runs (3 - 3.5 miles/2x week) and things are good for the most part - but I felt a little twinge in my foot the other day, so I'm icing again along with all the stretching I was doing anyway. I think it's nothing, but I'm kind of paranoid now so I'm taking every little thing seriously. I'm still feeling optimistic about it.
4) Here's a question for ya - Relay Vs. Marathon - which is harder? I have this debate with my friend every so often - she says relay and I say marathon. I usually run one relay a year and can run really well (for me) and not even be that sore afterwards- but a marathon is way more taxing physically for me. I think for a lot of people this might come down to the ability to function well on little sleep and in cramped quarters at that - which I know for some people can make a relay really miserable. It doesn't seem to bother me too much (at least not until after the race!), but a marathon is such a concentrated effort for an extended period of time - it's just grueling. For those of you who have done both a marathon and a relay - what do you think is harder? I'm curious to hear what you all think...
5) Biggest Loser. Wow, there was a lot of eye rolling in this episode, wasn't there? Bob rolling his eyes at Dolvett. Everyone rolling their eyes at Chris when she wanted to go home. And then there's Conda whose eyes are perpetually spinning in an eye roll. I was SO happy that she got kicked out of the gym. I don't think for one minute her apology to Dolvett was sincere - she definitely just ate crow to get back in the gym.
Fitness, Health and Happiness for Fitness Friday!