Sunday, September 11, 2011

Keep on keepin' on

See my Daily Mile race thing-a-ma-bob over there?  I just registered for a race!  The Run Like Hell Half Marathon in Portland on October 23rd.  Will I be ready to run it?  I don't know - my longest run since June has been 8 miles.  Will I PR?  Doubtful.  Will my plantar fasciitis even let me train for it?  No idea.  What I do know is this: I am going to try to run it because I CAN , because I'm lucky enough to be alive and capable of trying. 

I'm watching coverage of the events that happened in our country 10 years ago today.  The memories of that day are sad, and listening to the stories of those who lost loved ones is heartbreaking.  It serves as a reminder that I need to get the most out of living this life, because it truly could all be gone in an instant.  Every moment, every experience, every run is a gift.

So I registered for a race.  I will train and run because I'm lucky enough to be able to do that.  Monumental gesture?  Life saving/world changing?  Nope.  But, a way to honor those who lost their lives is by making sure I don't take living mine for granted.

So that's what I'll do.  Here's to a new training schedule and keeping on with keepin' on...

1 comments:

XLMIC said...

I am remembering the fallen ones by celebrating the life I have. Good for you for registering! Here's to a new training cycle :)

Post a Comment