Friday, November 11, 2011

Five for Friday

Big shout out to all the men and women who have served in the military. THANK YOU for your service and Happy Veterans day!

Now on to the Friday five:


1)  There are two local radio stations already playing Christmas music 24-7!  I'm just one of those "no Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving" people.  I love Christmas, but give the Turkey some love y'all!

2)  As most of you know, in celebration of it being 11/11/11 the Rock and Roll Marathon series is offering a $20 registration discount from 11am to 11pm PST.  I've never run a Rock n Roll event, but there is a new RNR half coming to Portland this spring (May 20th) for interested peeps.

3)  Got my leg taped up all cool at PT yesterday, my kids think I'm like Spiderman...
The tape isn't as restrictive as the tape I normally use on my foot, so it moves a little more freely.  It's there to provide support for my plantar fascia - looks cool, right?

4)  When the weather turns colder I go into full on comfort food mode.  Last night I made spaghetti with homemade meatballs and spaghetti sauce (both recipes from Cooking Light).  So yummy and hit the spot on a cold evening!

5)  Two days after Thanksgiving (when it is acceptable to celebrate Christmas) we are doing this as a family:
The website says:
Participants can enjoy the most spectacular light show in the region, viewing over 250 colorful light set pieces and many fully animated scenes as they run or walk through the Winter Wonderland of Lights.
We are going to do the 2 miler with both the kids.  I'm excited as we've never done a run together with the whole family.  I'm sure there will be lots of walking with my 4 year old, but I think they will love it.

Happy Friday!  Head over to the blog hop to meet other like minded bloggers for Fitness Friday!


Fitness Friday Blog Hop

14 comments:

Aimee L said...

Mmmm...spaghetti & meatballs! My person LOVES it when I make these for him...he's half Sicilian so he loves Italian food!

I usually try to make the meatballs with ground turkey or very lean (90/10) ground beef...I'll definitely have to check out the Cooking Light recipe!

I'm with you on the "No Christmas until after Thanksgiving" people...particularly when it comes to Christmas music. I really can't tolerate much of it, haha! Does that make me like the Scrooge? ;)

Tricia said...

I'm with you on no christmas until after Thanksgiving -- drives me crazy.

Rachelle Q said...

I am with you on the Christmas music. Thanks for grabbing my button. I accidentally put Turkey Trot 2012 on the original. I just changed it if you want to grab the new one. Have a great weekend!

Courtney said...

that first cartoon = HILARIOUS and so true! and the run with the Christmas lights sounds like so much fun, what a great way to spend some active time with your family! new follower!

jillconyers said...

Love the comic! And yes, the 24/7 Christmas music has started. Before Halloween! Really? I love Christmas music but that is too soon even for me.

Yes the tape looks cool. I don't want to experience it personally but I'm fascinated by the use of tape to treat/prevent injuries.

Enjoy the family run. We're doing a turkey trot together! The races the 4 of us run together are my favorite!

Jennifer said...

wow...that Winter Lights run looks amazing!! :) Lucky you! Have fun!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

It drives me crazy that the Christmas stuff has been out since before Halloween! There should be laws against that sort of thing!

Anonymous said...

HaHa - i LOVE the cartoon, and there is a radio station here already play christmas tunes, ugh, cant we have one holiday at a time? I love spaghetti, but my boyfriend doesnt so i dont get it very often - jealous! :)

Unknown said...

That holiday run sounds great. Can't wait to see pictures.

I love that Nordstrom has a big sign out saying they won't put up holiday decorations until after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time they say. Nice.

SbMac said...

I also think that cartoon is exactly how I felt at the mall yesterday when the xmas music was playing. Of course I found myself singing along with it but I am just not ready to yet!!!

XLMIC said...

I love your taping :) How long do you leave it on?

I'll bet that lights run will be lovely :)

fancy nancy said...

I love the comic! We are big Christmas fans but I even have my limits! While we watch Elf even in the summer...keep the music away until after Thanksgiving! It stresses me out! Thanks for following!

MCM Mama said...

Totally agree with Christmas needing to wait its turn!

Love the idea of a run to see Christmas lights.

Stopping by (late) from the blog hop...

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Thanks for the comment. I LOVE that you are running that lights race as a family, they will love it and how fun to see all those lights on your run. I want to do one of those. You're black tape is hot btw. :) Good luck with your injury.

runningtobeskinny.com

Post a Comment