Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I'm sitting here in a quiet house, the busy-ness of the day is done and I'm reflecting on another Thanksgiving come and gone.

A few things I'm thankful for today: 

Thankful that this morning I got up and ran a Turkey Trot and it wasn't raining!  It dumped down rain later in the day, so really happy to get the run in before it came.
Turkey Trot
Thankful that these awesome ladies went with me AND were willing to forego straight up running to run/walk with me and my gimpy foot.
Chris, Michelle and I - turkey trottin'!
 Thankful that I was able to go 5 miles!  Furthest distance in a month!

Thankful that I have such an amazing family to spend this holiday with.

Thankful that my children entertained themselves relatively well on the two hour (each way) trip to Thanksgiving dinner.

Thankful for my awesome niece who entertained my children the entire time we were at dinner, so the adults could relax and visit.

Thankful that she wears hats like this - cuz I think it's awesome.

Thankful for yummy food (confession: I ate both pumpkin pie with whipped cream AND pear crisp with ice cream...holiday calories don't count, right?).

Thankful for this blogging community that I'm now a part of.  This new connection with so many amazing people is a constant source of inspiration - thank you!

I hope you all had a wonderful day!  Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Aimee L said...

My family decided that anything eaten on Thanksgiving before 8pm doesn't count! Ha! I only had one piece of pie, but I did eat some hashbrowns early this morning after midnight shopping!

Rachelle Q said...

I'm so glad you were able to run 5 miles! Congrats! Mmmm the pear crisp sounds yummy.

Kat said...

Let me know if you figure out how to make those holiday calories NOT count. I was eating dessert for breakfast...

Elle said...

How great are your friends? So nice that you all raced together.

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Awe, those are some good 'thankfuls'. I am so grateful for this blogging community too, I've been blogging since 2008 and I have met some amazing women who inspire me and uplift me each day. Have a fab rest of the weekend. :) Jess

runningtobeskinny.com

Post a Comment