Monday, November 7, 2011

You get what you get...

This stupid Plantar Fasciitis.  I am SOOO tired of being injured.  I miss the long runs of marathon training.  I miss pushing myself through speedwork sessions.  I miss my running buddy who I haven't been able to run with lately.  I miss it all.   BUT, as we often say in this house:  "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit".  So I'm trying to practice what I preach - fighting off the negative thoughts and working on maintaining a somewhat positive attitude.

My doctor booked me for 3 more weeks of PT sessions.  I expect that we should start seeing some good results soon.  I REALLY hope that it doesn't include any more ASTYM which left my leg bruised and sore.  Last time they just did my foot, and it wasn't nearly as bad as doing my whole leg...so hopefully we are transitioning out of that particular type of torture therapy.

I am going to attempt a little more road running in my schedule again (with my PT's blessing).  Just short and slow runs  on Saturday morning to get back out on the road.  Of course I'll  keep up the pool running during the week as well.  I'm also getting back into the strength training that I kind of abandoned as of late.   I figure even though I'm not running I shouldn't completely let all my fitness go to waste!  So hello to my good friend Jillian again...



She's back to torture me!  I love this workout - all strength and only uses your own body weight and 3/5 lb hand weights.  Very effective.
 
On another note - congrats to all the New York Marathon (and all other races) finishers!  It was so exciting to watch the race on tv.  Just boggles the mind how fast the elites are!  Of course it made me want to run run run!  But in time..in time...until then, I'm just keeping the faith...

5 comments:

jillconyers said...

You have such a great attitude Kathy and I know that isn't easy when you're recovering from an injury. Fantastic job keeping up with the pool running and getting back to strength training!

Good luck with PT and hopefully the last!

Teamarcia said...

This too shall pass right? Hopefully sooner than later. Hang in there!
I know! We know how tough of a course NYC is but the elites just devour it--amazing!

Rachelle Q said...

Keep it up Kathy. You'll be back in no time!

Tink said...

I feel your pain! No one should be allowed to run if we can't!

Amanda@runninghood said...

This is where I'm starting to feel some talking...my plantar F area so I'm being careful because I know what a pest it can be. :( You'll be back soon. Oh, and this is the Jillian that I do too! Love it! So effective IMO.

Post a Comment